Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday

Not a bad little Saturday so far at work. Came in 6:45 am sharp with the intention to eat a little breakfast then go off to the trainin center and run through some drills. How quickly things change.
So far we have been moved to station one to cover while other crews train, so after a delicious breakfast at Breadman's and reading the paper we rushed off to a structure fire. It was only a man cutting concrete but I guess it put a ton of gray dust in the air. We resumed normal Saturday activities like washing the truck but with an exceptional amount of vigor we detailed all the compartments and tools. Today my new skill is sharpening axes. Just as we are almost done Communications calls us to tell us to call them. Usually when this happens it means something exciting, or at least different, is about to happen. Gerry comes back out and says " how would you like to meet barack?" I get all giddy and swear that
I knew this was coming because I was just daydreaming about it. Apparently I am the only one that falls for this hook, line, and sinker. They all get a good laugh. It's not Barack but the secret service is coming to town and we are on call. We don't know who or why.
Meanwhile the morning crews are doing some extensive training, trying to get people "checked" off to act as officers because we are in such a shortage of personnel that often people are asked to jobs that they aren't assigned to or paid for.
So I guess we won't end up training after all.

-- Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

  1. good start to your blog. looking forward to seeing frequent updates

    ReplyDelete