things have been so crazy around here for me: working at the fire station and learning more about driving, watching wiley and archer all june, working around the counties and visiting my new FD accounts, taking a life safety educator class in johnston county, sneaking in time to see Jordan, perhaps joining a volunteer dept because they need help, and getting to the gym.
I am looking forward to July though, always my favorite month. I am a huge fan of the Fourth, mostly because its just lots of fun and family oriented plus there's fireworks- Only my favorite thing ever.
There is the whole 25 thing that should be uneventful too.
I get to meet Bobby soon.
I work the fireworks at Kenan Stadium on the fourth, so no party for me. But more work and overtime.
I go to Greenville for a few days around the 8th. I hear Jordan has special plans, including Diana Krall. He is doing very well himself, got the great responsibility for fine wine in SC. But I must admit, I am really looking forward to when he can move closer.
I am having a party on the 18th, that I hope goes off without a hitch. While I am keeping it simple, I want it to be something memorable that people are excited to come back for each year.
I race in a triathlon on the 25th, its really short so I should be able to finish but I don't make promises on how well I'll do. I have 27 days of training for it, and am not sure in the last mile of the run my legs will want to take much more of a beating. But swimming is so much fun, I probably look a little silly in the pool doing laps but I enjoy the exercise and getting out in the morning before anyone else. Plus, I really needed something new and some motivation. Cricket, Sasser, Meat, Ski, and Holland and I are all doing it together. We are looking for the CHFD's backing on it.
Following that is the CHFD golf tournament at the Chapel Hill Country Club. I am so excited about finding an argyle polo, probaly in pink and green. Really, though, I am not a bad golfer either, just need some more swing and a little refining around the greens. Either way, being involved in such things is good. Golf is where the big wigs hang out.
That will all make the month fly by. June already did that to me, I hope I get to enjoy July and all that it's bringing.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sounds like an exciting time for you and cricket, meat, ski etc. do you have golf clubs? hope your
ReplyDelete