Going through a bit of a growing period. Since so much has changed lately, I really feel the need to try things and get out on my own- balls to the wall, I am twenty-five and all. I want to tests my limits and succeed.
So far, I have sold two firetrucks. I think thats a good start career wise. Looks like I might have a good shot at two more in the next few months too. I also have two additional and very serious certifications- SCT (structural collapse tech, for USAR (urban search and rescue)) and my level three Fire Safety Educator. These things will help me push my career wise, and climb my version of a ladder. Thats a pretty funny metaphor consider my job literally entails climbing ladders. Other than that, work isn't all that since changing stations. Station three is a nice change of people, but boring and feels uptight or depressing or both. Nothing is like station five and Boone and Crabtree and the relaxed atmosphere out there, plus I miss my treadmill and going on bike rides in Chatham county after getting off of work.
But the real motivation to write is my BLUE ROOM! My dream blue room... Nearly two years in the "making" I am almost finished with it. Well, in theory. I still actually have to paint it, finish the high gloss dresser, add decorative knobs, find a rug (that rug really tied the room together), put candles in the silver holders, and figure out what purpose the room serves. I guess its an office, in that case I need a desk. But I am really proud of myself, got consignment furniture and shopped at all the discount stores, Ebay etc.. It feels good also to design something, an artistic outlet I don't usually express. I am excited about it, and will take pictures as it comes together tomorrow.
The house also needs new floors, I really wanted to hold off on installing the PERGO type hardwood floor, but looks like i will need it sooner rather than later. Not a big deal, they are much cheaper than I thought and I won't need much square footage of it. In the Spring, I will move the fence out and start yardwork. Yikes! Fall leaves, I need my very own rake.
I managed to have Lacey in Chapel Hill for a week, it was great. She was an angel; in the condo she slept all day, even sleeping in late with me. Or she came with me to the station, dog park, shopping, running through the woods and on sales calls. Tonight when I walked in and she wasn't here at the door it made me sad. I am glad I have a house with yard, fence and kennels.
Its all exciting and occassionally I panic, but things are going so well its hard to imagine that it won't work out for me.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment