Sunday, February 28, 2010

Furniture

I bought new bedroom furniture today. Finally! I feel like a grown up with grown up furniture and a real honest-to-goodness headboard. Its pretty big for a little room, but its a nice dark finish with an oversized mirror and lots of useful storage. I have my clothes off the floor and took the chair out of the room so there is no longer a landing zone for "wear it again, its not totally dirty" clothes. The furniture is Universal, a discontinued line though. I bit the bullet and bought some quality stuff hopefully to last a long time. I love it.
Still need a sofa, almost got one today too, but that store wouldn't bargain with me on the price. After sitting on some faux leather, I know I want real leather. Fabrics are not an option in this house, even if I never let the dogs put a paw on it it will get dirty- especially the edges where they would walk past and rub.
I put my nightstands on craigslist and got some cash for them, perhaps should have put a higher price on them, but the lady was super nice and appreciative. (Funny thing, I delivered them and found it interesting there was a BMW, Jaguar, and Audi in the driveway, everyone likes a bargain in a recession)

Other than that I tried to spend the day deep cleaning: did multiple loads of laundry, swept, vacuumed, mopped, toilet scrubbed, took trash out, dusted and polished all the furniture. Still didn't even get to picking up poop, washing bird crap off my porch, or to the gym.

Also, found my new favorite breakfast spot. Virlies right downtown serves a really good breakfast, I had a pancake and eggs and sweet tea today, I read the paper and said hi to my old boss and the firemen. If anyone comes to visit be sure we go to breakfast there. Then probably the Goat place in Fearrington. Yum!

1 comment: