Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day One

How many times do I have to get back up on this horse?
This week I've been in the gym on cardio machines, laps in the pool, running the hill outside the station, lifting some weights, I've got spinach and egg whites, chicken and broccoli, and I got all my "pre" numbers documented. But it sure is frustrating to find myself here at the beginning of every Spring. It was/is a long, cold, wet winter- the kind that made me wear nothing but sweats and hide inside eatting comfort foods. Not to mention convenience played a huge factor since I was home so little to cook and workout. So I found myself with two choices: never wash and dry my jeans again or lose weight....The good news is that I am starting earlier than I usually do.
The triathlons and races I am anticipating:
Tarheel Ten Miler -April 11
Southern Village Sprint Tri- July 25
Lake Lure Sprint Tri- August 28
Pinehurst Olympic Tri- October

I forgot how much I enjoy a good sweat, I definitely really enjoyed my first swim too. It feels good to be back at it, and I'm really looking forward to doing well in the races.

I am also remotivated at work since I moved stations. I'm at four now, and even though they don't run any calls its just a much better atmosphere out there. Back with Lt Boone he lets me do what I want to and need to do. I should be getting checked off to drive, lord I hope this happens soon. Its been a pain in my ass since everyone wanted to talk about it more than actually have me train to do it, therein lies my problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment