So far, so good.
I got out on the bike for the first ride of the season, rode like a champ too. I thought the first ride out was going to be very hard and so I planned to make it short and easy.I picked a familiar route. I kept an eye on my watch on the way out and always doubled the time so I knew when I would get back to the car. At fifteen minutes I felt like I was moving along just fine, at twenty same thing, at twenty five and thirty too- although at thirty I turned around because I ran out of road. Charlie came with me, over the winter he got a bike off of craigslist, bought shoes and shorts, a helmet -the whole nine yards- spent a good deal of money and time all so he could support me and spend time doing something I like. He did well too, I never thought he'd make it. I'll test him with some hills after a few more rides. 17.4 miles 62 minutes Farrington Road
This morning I stopped in at the local crossfit gym, which is right in the center of town. I only finally decided to go in after sitting at breakfast next to the owner/trainer. This scruffy, unassuming man comes in and orders a breakfast burrito loaded with cheese and sausage (I'm thinking "what a heartattack" compared to my spinach/tomato omelet), turns out he is the crossfit trainer. Talked to him about injuries, intensity, balance...all sorts of fun things. Charlie had never heard of it and now is really interested. It was fun, I think I'll try it after a couple of months more on my own.
Did some running in the rain tonight down the American Tobacco Trail. Took the dogs out with us and did 48 minutes and 4 miles, they were annoying as heck. I wish they would run better then I would run with them all the time, but Lacey pulls until she is choking and Sam swerves back and forth in front of me.
Stats
5.5 pounds down
21.5 to go....damn
More energy and enthusiasm for the day but exhausted at night.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So now is a bad time to ask for my bike back?
ReplyDeleteanyway, i LOVE crossfit. you should definitely do it. they usually give discounts for firefighters. and you can get a good workout in in 25 minutes.
good for you. stay motivated and you'll be fine.
ReplyDelete