Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Work is boring. Nothing to write home about, really. Frustrating of course, dealing with politics and personalities of so many different people and administration. But I've realized two things:
1- keep my mouth shut. no one gets anywhere around here by speaking up
2- this very well may be typical in any workplace

On the other hand we had a public education group show up today. We didnt know they were coming and they came right as I was making lunch and looking forward to my nap. But they were from a special needs group home and such joyful people. It can turn your day around when you hear (over and over again) "we are in chapel hill today, and we are having a great time." "my name is max and I am doing the best I can" Just simple, honest expressions.

The part time gig is going well, trying to squeeze hours in during the week. Which isn't much fun because there are a million things I'd rather be doing, but something has to fund those activities and firefighting doesn't pay worth a damn. Hopefully this week I will sell three thermal imager cameras, it leads to a big check. But the really big check for selling the ladder truck may never come, I think we priced it too high and the department can't afford it.

I'm pretty sure my house shakes when I have three dogs inside it. They are all doing very well, Sam burns his balls on the hot concrete but stupid dog keeps laying on it. Lacey is too freaking cute for me to do anything but spoil her. And Sophie seems like she has adjusted very well to my house. I often catch her wrestling with Sam in the living room. She slept out there by herself (As opposed to at the foot of my bed) without incident the other night. I even took her out on a bike ride, maybe 600 yards total. But it was something special just for her.

Me? I am itching like crazy. My head, hands and feet are driving me up a wall. I coat with benadryl when it gets bad. I think its an adverse reaction to a prescription so I've been trying to flush it with lots of water. Other than that, I too am just trying to do the best I can. Set myself up for success down the road, no big screw ups, maintain balance, ease the anxiety, and run more.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for helping sophie get thru her separation anxiety when i'm gone. when are you moving to the farm and opening your own doggie boarding?

    ReplyDelete