I have been feeling very good lately and working towards some exciting things. It doesnt hurt, either, that the weather has turned. I believe it took at least a 60 degree jump in 4 days, which of course I wasn't ready for and have a lovely pink glow on my face and forearms today.
I spent the day at the Greensboro Fire Dept training grounds, which is intimidating for a greenhorn like me. I thought we were going to class, but apparently it was more like "come already knowing and have practiced everything and we'll just test you to make sure" YIKES! So in the first five minutes today on the training grounds I had a pretty darn close to panic attack: a lump in my throat, tears well up in my eyes, and nearly ran off. But that would be very uncool.
So I stayed and while I was clearly behind everyone else, the nice on duty driver (care of station 7 on Pisgah Church) walked me through everything and it clicked. It was all low stress for me but there were still a ton of steps to be performed in order with perfect timing while minding many gauges, I can't imagine how stressful it is when someone's life or property depends on the water that is being pumped. But really not bad, I'll practice some more.
Went to the gym too, it was hot and sweaty considering I was already sunburnt. Luckily I had drunk plenty of water today. Worked out really hard, and it felt good. Been ergging a little bit, something makes me want to get back in fighting shape.
(....wishful thinking)
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
why were you there, are you trying out for a new job?
ReplyDelete