Friday, March 13, 2009

Whatta week

Whatta Week. I'm glad its over, but I am not sure it is quite yet. Tomorrow and Sunday I have to drive to Southern Pines to take Lacey to an AKC test for her senior hunter, usually these are a blast. Unfortunately this time I was unable to get in any of the training that I wanted to do so she will inevitably frustrate me by acting like she has never seen a bird before and doesn't know the meaning of come. (just illustrated btw, in her dash around the neighborhood a minute ago) Plus it is cold and raining.
Looking back, it has been a very hectic week but that is the way I like them. Yesterday alone, I played basketball, entertained two year olds, played games with the ladder truck, saw an EMS patient, trained on communications and teamwork skills, had dinner with Engine 31 and the Batt Chief, watched a movie on highway safety and traffic cones, studied my pumps (the water kind not my Michael Kohrs), went to sleep, woke up at 2 am for a fire, put a fire out, saw two tenured captains get in a shoving fight, cleaned up, fell asleep. Everyday was a version of that, and when I wasn't at work I believe the days also included lots of driving.
The bottom line for the week is that my BRAIN IS OVERLOADED. I learned so much this week I never thought I could know it all. I did well through class but not so much today, we added some more steps to the process and I couldn't get right the ones I previously knew . I think I would have done better if I was thinking a little clearer and not sick and cold and wet and tired and hungry and distracted by a UNC game...
I am proud of myself I did alot of good stuff, always acted with character, and made very good decisions even when things were hard.
Now I am going to nap, under my snuggie and with my PUPPIES!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment