Saturday, January 9, 2010

Afternoon

Kennel time: 12-4:00 While I'm off in Chapel Hill for lunch and whatnot. Sam in his kennel and Lacey wherever she pleases. I can't figure out where she spends most of her time. Couch? Bed? Dogbed? Window sill? Recliner? I'll put the webcam on her one day. Should have done that today since she ate a bag of Halls cough drops. Cherry flavored. Shows no adverse effects tonight, but my throat sure does.

I pick up dog poop, poopsicles are the best they come easy and don't smell. I notice poop under the deck, perfect poop spot, how did I not think of it. Its private between the house and the woodpile, protected from the elements, and the dirt is gritty like kitty litter. Its also all of 4 feet high, great I have to get in there and pick up poop while hunched over. I swear I pick up 5 pounds every two days. I buy good quality food but it seems to produce a lot of waste.

In the yard we play, they tug of war which is the slowest game they play but I imagine it may be one of the more tiring since its constant muscle contraction pulling against each other. Its also so baffling to me why she plays so well with Sam. At the dog park whenever she plays with another dog its not so nice, I mean it is, but it isn't. She barks and nips at dogs she plays with, but not in a way that makes me think she actually wants to hurt another dog. Its more of her being a total bitch. She wants to be chased but doesn't want to be caught. With Sam there is no grumbling, no barking, no snipping. After a few minutes of that we come in and they have to go back to the kennel/couch, I'm off to Costco.

7:00 Late dinner. Meals are usually between 7-8am and 5-6pm. They remind me too, like clockwork. Tonight they eat late, I don't feel bad, they're dogs, they'll live if chow time is late.
It's getting late now, they are settling down. There is a fire burning, I drag Lacey's bed in front of it, she sits and she stares at the flames like she doesn't trust it. Meanwhile Sam crawls onto my lap, thus ending all productive blogging tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment