Pick up from Dean the Marine's 8:40, I'm a little late, like an hour. Dean never seems to mind the haphazardness of my schedule. I gave away the old stove to my captain today so I came to the house first. Which lead me into some blitz cleaning afterwards. Its always easier to clean the house if the dog's aren't right behind me leaving more trails of muddy paw prints on the carpet, noses on the windows, or hair on the sofa.
Outside to run off some energy, they have to check out all 2500 square feet of the backyard, I guess they think something could have gotten in while they are gone. I make breakfast and eat, they come back in. I spend the next 20 minutes wondering if they've eaten. I forgot to ask if they were fed yet. From their pacing around the food bowl area I suspect not. Or perhaps they're just wondering where the bowls got to and if they have food in them in the undisclosed locale. I pull the prepared bowls out of the pantry: about 2 and 1/4 cups for Sam and 1 and a 1/4 for Lacey. A little less than usual for him and a little more for her. I am trying to tone Sam up and since Lacey is playing more and eatting less human scraps she gets more.
Then they are back outside, and they sit. and they sit. and they sit. This is why. There are 18 of them out there now, its usually between 5 and 20. I am wondering if the ghetto house behind me throws out scraps, that or a dead body. But they drive Lacey crazy, I guess she doesn't realize how big and nasty this type of bird is.
Just a little note - this is really hard to read and doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
ReplyDeleteI also thought Lacey was a weather wimp, or is it just precipitation?