Sunday, January 24, 2010

I know money doesn't buy happiness, but not overdrafting your bank account every two weeks sure does.
Now that my part time job is picking up and checks are coming in, my finances are getting straight and it feels wonderful. I have paid off four credit card bills in their entirety in the past two weeks. I don't spend money any more either. I still like my fancy jeans and although I could use a new pair right now, I don't go shopping or spend money just because I have nothing else to do. (Not to mention: tiny house doesn't have room for any more stuff in it) I have responsibilities: a mortgage, putting food in the dogs' mouths, a decent credit score etc. And there are things I want that are more important: a new sofa, fencing or a bathroom remodel for example. Dad asked how I could afford to send the dogs to a petsitter while I am at work, that answer was quite easy. I don't have cable, I figure thats about $70 a month I save. I use someone's wireless internet connection and I am sure it is annoying to them but they really should have it protected. Also, without tv and cable I do more work.
So it feels really good to be financially on track. Its a different way to do it, sure, paying off bills with huge checks; but once I get debt-free it will be woooonderful.

And by the way, I found out a little something I had been wondering about: Sam's "cost". He is around a $6,000 dog, with offers up to $20,000 for him.

2 comments:

  1. don't depend on that second check/income to keep you out of debt...it will come in handy for your special projects paid in full. frugal living is possible. your dogs are your luxury item these days

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i was going to say good job blah blah blah, but then i got to the end... you should just sell sam and then you'd be debt free and have some savings. duh.

    and j/k

    ReplyDelete